Believe it or not, Dad isn’t the only one allowed to talk platitudes. Whether you like poignant puns or clever one-liners, silly jokes are for everyone, and even if silly humor is your favorite, there are some dad jokes that are actually smart.For example, you can’t go wrong funny science jokes…even if you’re not a scientist yourself. All you need is a basic understanding of biology, chemistry, astronomy or physics, and an audience that might be willing to give you the (chemical) reaction you want.
Do you know why restaurants on the moon have bad reviews? Or why do biologists always look forward to easy Fridays? Or why did Sun decide not to go to graduate school? If not, then we’ve got all the answers for you (who knows – you might also learn something new along the way!). It doesn’t matter whether you’re an astrophysicist looking for a laugh, a middle school teacher looking for a way to entertain students, or a dad looking for new material, because these nerdy science puns and jokes are sure to hit just about everyone.
- Why do chemists read books on helium so fast?
A: He can’t let go.
- How to throw a party in space?
Answer: Your planet.
- Why can you never trust atoms?
Answer: They make up everything.
- Why are biologists looking forward to an easy Friday?
A: They are allowed to wear genetics to work.
- Why did physicists and biologists break up?
A: There is no chemical reaction.
- What are pirates’ favorite amino acids?
- Why are moon rocks tastier than earth rocks?
Answer: It is a small meteor.
- Where do astronauts like to party?
Answer: Space bar.
- What do you call a fish made up of two sodium atoms?
- Why doesn’t the photon have luggage?
Reply: He went light.
- Why are chemists so good at problem solving?
Reply: They have all the solutions.
- If H2O is the formula for water, what is the formula for ice?
Reply: H2O cubes.
- What is an educated pipe?
Reply: A measuring cylinder.
- How did the moon cut her hair?
Reply: eclipse it.
- Why do bacteria pass through microscopes?
Reply: Reach another slide.
- What do protons and life coaches have in common?
Reply: They know how to stay positive.
- How do you know that atoms are Catholic?
Reply: They have quality.
- Why do restaurants on the moon get bad reviews?
Reply: It has no atmosphere.
- Why are mushrooms always invited to parties?
Reply: He is fungus.
- What kind of music do planets like?
- What books do planets read?
Reply: Comet Books.
- What is the least interesting chemical element?
- Why is the moon so bad?
Reply: It has dropped to the last quarter.
- Why do trendy chemists get burned?
Reply: He touched the beaker before it got cold.
- How much space does the fungus need to grow?
Reply: Mushrooms as much as possible.
- Why didn’t the sun go to graduate school?
Reply: It’s already a million degrees.
- Why can’t astronauts book a room on the moon?
Reply: It’s full.
- Why are science teachers hesitant to lecture on mitosis?
Reply: This is a divisive question.
- What fruits contain barium and disodium?
- Why do two red blood cells rupture?
Reply: Their romance goes hand in hand.
- Why is electricity the perfect student?
Reply: It behaves well on its own.
- Why would you go to jail for throwing sodium chloride at someone?
Reply: This is a type of salt.
- What is a nuclear physicist’s favorite food?
Reply: Fission chip.
- What do you do when your science jokes don’t get a laugh?
Reply: Keep trying until you get a response.
- Why are there so many bad science jokes?
Reply: All good is argon.
Corinne Sullivan is a digital writer and editor covering a variety of beats including lifestyle, entertainment, relationships, vacations and more.she is also the author indecent (Wednesday Books, 2018). You can follow her on Instagram.
This content is imported from OpenWeb. You can find the same content in other formats on their website, or you can find more information.