Do you want to enjoy a pixel art style sci-fi adventure? LUNARK is about to be released on the Nintendo Switch eShop as well as a physical version via Limited run games. Expected March 30, 2023 We leave you below a first descriptive trailer.
Set in a distant future where Earth’s moon has been transformed into a ship essential for human survival, LUNARK is a modern take on the 1990s 2D platformer cinematic genre, inspired by games like Prince of Persia, Flashback and Out of this World is illustrated. As Leo, a courier with unique abilities and a mysterious past, players will run, jump, hang, climb, roll and shoot through pixel art environments brought to life with detailed animation and dynamic live-action scenes. As they explore locations like a dystopian megalopolis, muggy crystal caves, and an alien forest, players must thwart traps, solve puzzles, earn upgrades, and battle enemy droids in a fight for survival against LUNARK’s totalitarian regime and its lead AI, NOAH.
In addition to the above-mentioned digital versions of LUNARK coming out on March 30th, a Mac version will be available on Steam soon, and physical versions for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 are in the works by Limited Run Games in standard and Collector’s Editions. ; Details on the content and pre-order window will be announced shortly. For more information on LUNARK and other titles, visit www.wayforward.com and www.canarigames.com and follow @WayForward and @CanariGames on Twitter and Facebook.
- Experience a modern 2D platformer with sharp gameplay, stunning animations and rotoscopic cutscenes!
- Immerse yourself in a captivating sci-fi tale of survival, revolution and mystery.
- Intuitive and Versatile Controls: Run, jump, hang, climb, roll and shoot your way to freedom!
- Explore stunning pixel art environments including mysterious alien ruins, a flying prison, a high-tech metropolis and an alien forest.
- Solve puzzles, avoid traps and interact with a variety of characters.
- Discover hidden upgrades to improve your health and weapons.
- Yes, you can pet the dog (and cat)!